Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7th- A Love Fest plus 2nd Food Delivery to Flood Victims

We had the help of Marlene from the Peace Corp and the Elders from Chisinau to distribute food.


When we first arrived this gentleman brought us flowers...



... then the children brought us flowers too! So sweet to be loved!


The fresh produce arrived from the local piata and the men helped unload.

Felt like "a ton" of food-especially to this young man!


The Elders unloaded our car that was so full it could barely move.

The families went down the line and got their groceries.


The favorite was the sunflower seeds. Very popular especially since they are grown commercially in Moldova.
The Elders were soooo helpful. We are grateful for them.


After distributing the food we passed out tennis shoes to the children.

Almost all the children got a new pair of shoes. These are shoes left over from a project we did last summer.
Eugenia (68 yrs old) invited Marlene and I to her room after all the distributions. She and her roommate, Polina, wanted to thank us for the help we were providing.


They were so grateful. I can see why Christ put gratitute so high on his list of attitudes to have.


Eugenia gave me my very own personal Babushka scarf! I was so excited! I really wanted one and now I have one and feel like I've been accepted into the Babushka club! She also gave me a blue neck scarf to go with the gift Polina was about to give me.


Polina gift wrapped a T top in newspaper. She made me put it on right away.

It fit! I love it! They have little yet they give so much.


Polina is disabled so couldn't get out of bed. We all got on her bed for a photo.


Marlene got a Babushka scarf too even though she isn't nearly old enough to have one!


Polina and I goofing around.


In the car celebrating the "Love Fest" we had just had in Eugenia's and Polina's room!



Marlene was born in Guatamala and raised in LA but doesn't she look gypsy?!



No comments:

Post a Comment