Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Cherries are Ready! MMMMMMM!

It's cherry pickin time! My first paid job when I was 15 was to pick cherries for commerical canning in northern Michigan. This girl reminded me of those days.


On the way to the Telenesti orphanage we saw people selling cherries that they had woven onto sticks. We bought the last 2 sticks of cherries from this boy for the children at the orphanage



We gave the cherry sticks to the children. They were gobbled up quickly. They tasted as good as the cherries I used to climb trees in Washington State and eat them til I was sick. MMMM

Even the 2 year old ate them like crazy. I thought she was eating the pits but when the foster mom put her hand under the little girls mouth she spit out about 6 pits. She is obviously a seasoned cherry eater!

One of the bowls of pits.

Dorina is picking cherries from one of the trees in a Firladeni garden. John Mulligan had come from Frankfurt and was touring the water site in Firladeni. Dorina came along to translate but got some fresh cherries while on duty!

No comments:

Post a Comment