Thursday, December 16, 2010

Where Much Is Given Much Is Expected

Chisinau Moldova has many beautiful parks in the downtown area. Hanging on the iron fence along the sidewalk along one of the parks was a photo display today. It was posted by several organizations that try to help the poor and vulnerable of Moldova. It captured moments in the lives of Moldavians. Yes,vulnerable Moldavians. Moldavians who struggle daily. The photos also captured my heart so I took out my camera and took pictures of the photos. I had many thoughts as I looked at photographs that depicted scenes similar to many we have seen in some villages. One thought was about just how blessed I have been throughout my life. I have never known these extreme struggles. My struggles have been much less obvious. It makes me remember the scripture that states "where much has been given, much is expected". I have been given much. Much is expected of me...to help my brothers and sisters on earth who have not been given as much as I. To lift those weary hands that hang down, to help the fatherless, the widow, the poor. Doesn't it say somewhere that "there will always be poor among us"? The poor and vulnerable are challenged terribly but we that have been given much are challenged also: challenged to see if we will share our bounty, care for and love the less fortunate, and help them to realize their potential as a child of God. I love the photos of the children who have happy moments with friends just like children do all over the world.


















1 comment:

  1. Tom - I always new that I had a smart little brother, but I just didn't realize how smart! You make our family proud. Gloria and I wish you and Toni a very Mery Christmas. Love Terry

    ReplyDelete