Saturday, July 16, 2011

I can make placenta's now!


Georghie, Vova, and Tom went bowling so we could have the kitchen to ourselves.





Katea showed me how to make the crust batter. Kind of a cross between making bread dough and pie crust


Doina and I dived into her mom's homemade sheep cheese. I ate so much of it I had to Baaaaa when I went to talk. It was delicious!!!
We made up 25 crusts.


First Katea then Nina showed me how to stretch out the dough on cheesecloth, put the filling in, and roll it all up.


I wasn't very good at stretching it out. I need lots more practice.


Rolled up and ready for the oven.


Here are the cheese placenta's coming out of the oven. MMMMM!


Nina grated cabbage and added fried onion, salt, pepper.


Doina taught me how to make the round placenta's on top of the stove. Much easier!


We were so busy eating them all that I completely forgot to get photos of the beautiful placenta's. Ugh! We also made cherry placenta's and ate them hot with vanilla ice cream. Really yummy! Here we're just chillin after eating.

Doina is ever the fashionista with her hat. Anna is 3.5 mo old.


Aunt Doina and Anna


Dorin loves little Anna



Then everyone went home full and exhausted! I can not wait to get home and make placenta's for all the kids and grandkids. Thank you Katea, Doina, Nina, and Dorina for teaching me!!

1 comment:

  1. They are really called placentas? Gross name, but they look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete