Thursday, October 14, 2010

Goodbye My Good & Faithful Servant...



Definition....
"BO-BAG" = BO is short for Bobushka & Bag is what it is.

The Hinsons left the bag on the right in the apt for us. We used it nearly every day! It got our groceries home. It got the refreshments to Young Single Adult meetings. It got the things we bought for our projects back to the apt. It even carried our laundry to the dry cleaners. One day while at YSA Elder Sorenson laughed and asked me if that Bo-bag was my Bo-bag. I proudly said "yes! I go all over Chisinau with it!" He laughed and explained that in his last area in Ukraine all the Bobushka's (grandmothers)had a bag like that too. People called them Bo-bags as in Bobushka Bag. I AM a Bobushka-so it's appropriate that I have a Bo-bag, don't you think?!
Well, my good and faithful servant broke both wheels off at the same time while crossing Stephan Cel Mare St. It was the biggest and busiest intersection of Chisinau and I had to carry the very full bo-bag the rest of the way across the street. We immediately went out and purchased Bo-bag:The sequel!

3 comments:

  1. We will need to buy one the first day we are there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those all the time in Austria as well! Do you tie a scarf around your head when you pull it as well? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here for already 6-7 years and still do not have one of these. I should follow your example and take care of my health.

    ReplyDelete