Saturday, September 4, 2010

"I Have GOT to Get a Picture of THIS!"

While searching the Piata (pee-ya-tsah) for a cart to carry all the cloths & shoes we needed to buy for the children effected by the Prut River flood we walked into a meat market. I was so stunned when I stepped into the place that all I could say was "I have GOT to get a picture of THIS!" There must have been 5 tons of chicken spread out and who know how much pork hanging. It was amazing to see people picking up and weighing their own meat. It was mostly laid out on countertops. "Well, Toto, we're not in Krogers any more!" Ever wonder where Arnold the Pig from Green Acres went? Yup- he's right here in Moldova-we found him at the Chisinau meat market today!


2 comments:

  1. EEEEEWWWW That is soo gross! It's almost enough to make me want to be a vegetarian! ...almost :P

    Love Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although that pig head is pretty gross, I bet the rest of the meat is so fresh and tasty!

    ReplyDelete